Thanks for visiting the New Horizons Chapter website! This website is designed for you to make the most of your Order of the Arrow experience. Check this website or our Facebook for updated information. We hope to see you soon at a Chapter or Lodge event!
The Fellowship Festival is this year’s August Chapter Meeting.
It will take place on Saturday, August 11 at Beaumont starting at Noon.
This Fellowship Festival is Circus themed and will include a Cook-off, Midway, and open Pool activities! Boone Trails, Thunderbird, and Grand Towers Chapters in the fellowship of our lodge will all participate in the festival as well as OA members and their troops for a Maximum of Fun. More details are below:
The location will be in the field stretching from the pool to the Emerson Center
•Offered at the Midway we will have Carnival games such as ring toss, corn hole, milk jugs as well as a slack line and milk crate stacking. There will be a slingshot shooting area along the tree line and the GaGa ball pit will be open for fun, as well as a keg of root beer, branding and neckerchief slide making and informational displays about the Section Conclave and Fall Reunion underneath the main tent.
• The Pool will be open for free swimming from 12-4, and offers a chance to get out of the heat of the day and have a blast in the water with endless fun!
• In addition to all of this already offered a Cooking competition with OA members from each Troop will be competing against each other with food of their choosing to wow the judges. At the chapter meeting following the competition we will announce winners and bestow them with our traveling trophy’s:
First place will receive the The Chiefs Cup
Second place will receive the Silver Ladle
Third place will receive the Bronze Bowl
The schedule for the event will be doors open at noon, activity areas open from noon to 3 PM. Cooking
competition time from noon to 3 PM. Tasting/judging from 3 to 4. Chapter meeting from 4:30-5:15.
Hope to see a great attendance from everyone!
ATTENTION: The New Horizons Chapter is dedicated to serving others and providing fun and exciting activities for both youth and adult participation throughout the year. In order for this to happen effectively, communication is key! Please take a minute to fill out this form with up-to-date contact information so our officers and chairmen can inform you about all of the fun and exciting events happening this year.
The mission of the Order of the Arrow is to fulfill its purpose as an integral part of the Boy Scouts of America through positive youth leadership under the guidance of selected capable adults. As Scouting’s National Honor Society, our purpose is to:
– Recognize those who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives and through that recognition cause others to conduct themselves in a way that warrants similar recognition.
– Promote camping, responsible outdoor adventure, and environmental stewardship as essential components of every Scout’s experience, in the unit, year-round, and in summer camp.
– Develop leaders with the willingness, character, spirit and ability to advance the activities of their units, our Brotherhood, Scouting, and ultimately our nation.
– Crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
For a full list of events, try the calendar
August Chapter Meeting – Circus Theme:
Saturday, August 11
Noon-3:00 ~ combined activities with Boone Trails, Grand Towers, and Thunderbird including cook-off
3:00-4:00 ~ Food judging
4:30-5:15 ~ Chapter Meeting
Beaumont; 6840 Beaumont Reservation Dr, High Ridge, MO 63049
Between Emerson Center and Swimming Pool
Work on your brotherhood rank requirements to seal your membership in the order of the arrow
All you will have to do is these 4 simple tasks. For more information and brotherhood questions, click here.
Finished Brotherhood? Go Beyond.
Silver Beyond Brotherhood: Here
Gold Beyond Brotherhood: Here
1. Attend *one* of the following Chapter meetings:
2. Participated in *one* service projects
3. Attend *one* Lodge Event as listed below:
Fall Reunion, Fellowship Banquet, or Spring Conclave
4. CAMPING RECORD
Six days and nights of camping (Such as summer camp)
Please like our brand new page! Click ‘like’ above, or visit us @ facebook.com/NewHorizonsOA.
Visit us on Twitter. @https://twitter.com/NewHorizonsOA. Please follow us @NewHorizonsOA.
Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/newhorizonschapter/.
Check out photos taken by the chapter and Follow us on Flickr at newhorizonschapterphotos.
Friend us on SnapChat at nh_chapter.
To receive Text Message Notifications Text @nhchapter to 81010.